Monday, July 11, 2011

New baby - menu plan 7-11

OH MY! My newest little grand son arrived yesterday.  He is a preemie, only 33 weeks, weighed 3 lbs. 15oz. but he is doing really good.  The mom is getting to go home today, she is so ready to be out of the hospital after being there for a week.  They have been told that the baby will probably stay until his due date which is August 24.
He loves to have that one leg out of the covers for some reason.  I got to hold him last evening, was shocked when my son took me to the NICU and told me that it was my turn to hold him.  So very sweet.

Okay, menu planning is kind of up in the air this week.  The temperatures have so high lately that cooking is just not desirable.  Hubby doesn't want to stand out and grill either in the triple digit sun.  Also, I want to make mostly favorites this week, double batching so I can send one over to the kids.  We will be going back in forth to the hospital a lot am sure.  Here is a tentative plan though.

M - Enchiladas with Frito salad
T - Talapia with veggies and rice
W - Smothered Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans
Th - Baked Chicken Fingers, rice, carrots
F - Baked pork chops, pea salad, corn
S - Surprise (because I have no idea)
S - Chili dogs, chips

Check out Meal Plan Monday for tons of postings from others that plan their meals and get inspired.  Be sure and check out the rest of I'm An Organizing Junkie's website when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment