Thursday, July 7, 2011

100 postings

Well, since this is my 100th posting, it seems that this should be a really spectacular posting.

Not!

Nothing spectacular is going on in my life at the moment, in fact things are pretty crazy and in need of prayers.

First, my little elderly mother is having some "spells" and will not allow me take her to get them checked.  One of the workers at the community she lives in called the ambulance for her yesterday.  She refused to go to the hospital.  I get there to find her sitting in the lobby looking like a wilted rose, ambulance workers beside her, trying to convince all that she is just fine.  So...yesterday was spent driving back in forth across town to check on her.

Next, my sweet daughter in law is having a few problems with the pregnancy and has been put back in the hospital.  She will be there for at least two weeks unless the baby comes before that.  He is due August 24, but I suspect he just may come a little earlier.  Also, the way my son talked, they will induce the labor in two weeks if he hasn't come.  Bad thing is when they aren't at work, no pay.

Also, had a wonderful visit with my oldest daughter and two grand sons this past week.  I am already missing them so much.

For the last week it has been in the triple digits here, expected to be all week.  Our air conditioning is out.

On a positive note, the puppies are really starting to take on some personality.
Will be 3 weeks on Saturday.  I tell you it is so funny to hear a baby dog learning to bark and growl.  They kind of have to work up to it, not just coming out with the bark.  Kind of starts off soft and grows to the short bark.  Then of course they are surprised when it actually comes out.  We are not keeping any of them, but I have to say I do have a little favorite.
This little one is so laid back, so sweet, and already loves to be petted.  Will move it's head back to your hand for some more when you stop.  They aren't going to be very big, the momma dog looks to be at least part dachshund but with a little longer legs, think the father is a mixed terrier.  My son is bound and determine to make our mini pom the dad, but...how do I say this?  He just doesn't have the moves if you get my drift.  He tried...a lot...but it was always sideways across her mid back. LOL

With the heat, I am not doing any baking...sweets or meats...so the meal plans around here are what ever I can have the energy for.  I hope to get back on track with the menu planning over the week end, am also working on a schedule or list of tasks that need to be done around the house.  Have a list going also of things I want to try to cook.  Not meal wise, but things like making a batch of pasta, bagels, MYO mixes.  I definitely need to work on organization, but man this heat is just zapping me.  Our air conditioner is not working correctly for some reason, hubby moved the one from the garage in to the day room window.  It helps a little, but evaporate air units just don't work well when it is humid.  Which it has been (unusual for this area) because the monsoon season has started and we are having thunder storms build up along the mountains.  Here in the valley floor we won't get the rain, but it sure makes it muggy.

Also on a positive note, received a call today that I have been placed on a morning bowling league for the fall.  I had really wanted this, but had held back a bit as I had offered to watch the newest grand baby while his mom worked.  However, the mom's boss is letting her bring the baby to work with her.  Hubby said to just go ahead and make my plans then change them later if needed.  Of course for the first few months I can take him with me.  Then if I have to I will quit the league, but at least I can have a little time with the ladies.

Well, that's about it for now.  Check back in.  Oh yeah, I am joining in on a July Challenge from another blog, they are spending on groceries only what you would have if you were on assistance.  More about that on Monday, when I post my Monday Meal Plan.  I am also changing how I plan my meals so watch for that news as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment