Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday - Another week

Some how Sunday has become the start of my week instead of the end.  Not sure how, or when, it did, but it did.  At any rate, here we go with another week of cooking, cleaning, chores ... the same old rut.  Maybe I should look at it from a different perspective.  I should make a list of task that should be done this week.  Then, pick a day to have it all done by.  Decide on an inexpensive treat that I can give myself if I accomplish it.  The rest of the family has been treating me like I don't exist beyond their personal needs so why not give myself a treat, heaven knows they are treating their self often at my expense.  I know, enough whining, I will pray about it when I cleanse my heart at church today.

We didn't go camping this past week end, plan to go this coming week end.  So...I am changing my planned menu for the week and going to pretty much cook off of left overs and quick meals.  I am thinking I can make it until we get back from camping for my twice a month grocery shop.  However, I am going to take advantage of some really great sale prices to do some stocking up.  Tomorrow's MPM post will reflect my planned left over meal plan.  Shh, don't tell the family they are getting left overs.

I had a really disturbed night last night.  Trying to read between the lines of a text message I got.  I know that I am overly sensitive about such things, but I just can't help it.  Have past experience on my side with this one.  So, a little before midnight I took a shower and went to bed. I woke up at 1:30 to realize that no one bothered to see that the food was still out from supper.  I put the left overs in the fridge and put water on the dishes to soak them.  Rest of the morning from then on was spent trying to get a little more sleep, with out much success. Too much over thinking of the text.  At 5:15 I gave up and got up.  Did the dishes, made the coffee, took a roast out to thaw, gathered up the trash, took it all out, put the dumpster on the curb, played alarm clock for mom so she can wake up and get ready for church, took another shower and washed my hair (didn't do this last night because it always dries funny when I sleep on it wet), fixed my hair, prepared the roast in the crock and started it cooking, am now dressed and waiting for church.  Started this posting.

Whew.  I am already worn out.

I have said this before, but after last night and this morning am even more determined, this WHOLE house is getting cleaned and purged.  Since no one but me can even clean up a dish around here, then I am going to get the house set up for easy quick cleanings.  Actually, two days of cooking and cleaning dishes to prepare two weeks worth of meals is looking pretty good about now.

I pulled out some old cookbooks that I have collected along the way for some inspiration.  Funny thing, those older books, like the one from 1944, doesn't have a lot of beef recipes.  Has lots of chicken though.  Have done nothing but look at recipes all week end.  Funny thing, kind of got my mind in overload mode.  Everything just blends together so nothing makes sense, sounds good or even interested in trying.  I would really just like to go to sleep a while.  Can't do that though, if I went to sleep this early would end up waking up at ten tonight and not being able to go back to sleep.  Part of this...doldrums I am in...for lack of a better term, may be due to the fact that I have been watching old westerns yesterday and a Walton's marathon...on two channels.  I would dearly love to be able to back in time and live on that mountain.  Those characters, the life of the 30's and 40's, that house, would really love to have a little of that simplicity.

Speaking of houses, if I ever win the big lottery I am going to find the designs and build me a house like the boarding house in The Shootist.  What a wonderful old house with glass front cabinets in the kitchen, dinning room, parlor, all over the place, each and every room along with built in shelves and drawers.  I remember when my husband and I were looking for our first house we found this small home with carved molding and the bed rooms had built in drawers, big closets and built in shelves.  Such workmanship.  How I wanted that house, but it just needed way too much work to be livable.

Well, off to work on some household planning.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment