Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Thursday Morning

Hello all, I have been out of pocket so to speak lately.

Tuesday was really busy with taking mom to a couple of places. Then didn't really get a chance to get back on the computer to visit or post. Wednesday came and went and still not sure when or how it passed through. I just kind of took a me day and did a few things for fun. Finally had a little bit of sun so just had to get out of the house...on my own. Also, woke up yesterday to find that my laptop is totally in need of the intensive care unit due to virus. I would really like a few minutes alone with the person that thinks those things up.

So, have had to come back to the old desk top that is sitting in our bed room. Guess I will have to make some adjustments to the sewing room so I can get it moved in there, it will never work to have the computer, printer and craft set up in two different rooms. Especially to work on scrapbooks, I need to be close by the scanner. Guess that will be a project that moves up the list next week while hubby is gone. This particular virus is nasty in that it is a scam virus. It puts up a message box that you have 32 virus infections, ask you to activate you anti virus program, but it takes you to an internet web site asking you for money. I am also sure that it is set up in at least two foreign (no in the US) countries if the authorities were to actually trace it and try to charge some one...anyone...for it. It would be a federal offense since a person could make a case for wire fraud and bank fraud. Like I said, just five minutes with the creator, I would like just five minutes with the person(s) that launch this mess and try (and I am sure that there are a lot of people that send them money) to profit from it.

Tuesday the dinner was okay. Not great, not bad, but okay. There was a little of the hominy left but not enough to keep and sure not enough to bother me as I tossed it in the trash. Tonight will be the pork chops that was on the menu plan for last night. We had a little shopping to do so hubby decided he was in the mood for mexican food and took us to a little place by the house. It was pretty good and the special was chicken fajitas, very good price. I must say, I had never had fajitas with mushrooms in it before. Also, their refried beans were a lighter color bean, not the pinto bean I am used to. Had a really good flavor. I am however, feeling very good at having the menu plans in place and sticking to them. However, since hubby is going to be out of town again for a week, he told me that he was taking me out Friday to where ever I want to go. Wonder what he will say when I tell him I want to go to Walmart and exchange the TV stand I have for a different one? He got me a flat screen TV for Christmas and the stand I want comes with a shelf unit and bracket unit to attach to the wall for the TV. This will be so great as the shelves are not as wide from the wall out as the chest I have sitting there and will give me a nice convenient spot to place the printer/scanner that is much easier to get to. Also will bring the eye level of the TV up so I don't feel like I am looking at the floor. At any rate, I am looking forward to the class, as it will be a little me time out of the house.

Today, I am going to the local scrapbook store for a card making class. When I say local, I mean really local, as in literally a few blocks from the house. I know how to make cards, but I really need some ideas to push me in to working on something again.

Also, hubby suggested that I join a bowling league, so I am heading up to the bowling alley to see if that vacant spot she told me about is still available. I hope it is. If it is, I will be bowling on Friday mornings. If it is already filled, I will join the new season in March.

Guess I better get moving, need to dress and get my supply bag together for the class. It was so nice and sunny yesterday and today the fog is back, can't even see the next block. I am so tired of this weather. Thanks for taking time to read my post and come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment