Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

I am going to be really busy tomorrow so thought I would go ahead and post my Meal Plan Monday or MPM menu plan tonight. It has been so nice today after having those record breaking days of heat. It has been predicted that the heat will be back on Thursday and will continue through the labor day week end. Temps are expected to range from 103 to 105 through out those days so I am not going to use the oven on those days.

Mon - Meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, salad
Tue - Hawaiian chicken, rice, broccoli
Wed - Shrimp scampi, coleslaw, roasted potatoes
Thu - Crockpot beef tips, rice, green beans
Fri - Crockpot sloppy joes (Didn't get this made last week - will freeze half of it), tater tots
Sat - Sandwiches or left overs
Sun - Hubby's birthday - Roast, mash potatoes, green beans, sweet rolls, German chocolate cake

I will be all by myself during the day, so will eat light and healthy for breakfast and lunch with lots of water all day. I also hope to be feeling well enough to get to the gym at least two days this week.

Now, here is how the week is planned out.

Monday, will do some cleaning in my bedroom in the morning, then after lunch am cutting out two garments and hope to get fairly far on construction of both. Daughter starts her official school schedule, so will be taking her early and get started on chores before playing with the fabric. She has evening marching practice as well, so will have to make sure she is able to eat before going back up to school.

Tuesday, actually will be a fairly quite day. Hope to finish up the sewing. Work on laundry as well.

Wednesday, ladies bible study will get going at church. Looking forward to that. Will be catching up on organizing and scheduling list. In a couple of weeks, this will be the night for Awana's at our church and dear daughter Miss J will be volunteering her help, they have put her in the second grade group.

Thursday, quilt ministry group at the church that morning. This happens the first and third Thursday of each month, will be taking my mom to a senior bible study on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Also, Miss J has skating lessons each Thursday evening.

Friday, is football of course. Hubby will be gone every Friday evening with high school games, and Miss J will have to go back up to school on the nights of home games to perform in the marching band. Am pretty sure that I will get involved in helping with concession booth for band boosters those nights as well.

Saturday, is still football, hubby has college games most Saturdays through football season. Miss J likes to go up to the ice rink for a few hours to practice and visit with friends.

Sunday, is always church and family time. Pretty laid back here on those days.

Any time I can get to the machines I will be doing a lot of sewing over the next few weeks. Have a lot planned, guess I really should make a list of projects I want to work on. Have some garments I want to make, a quilts to make and one to finish, and there is the matter of keeping up the housework, making the menu plans, feeding the zoo, doing the shopping, and visiting with my mom as well. I want to make some inventory up to open an online shop with before November to try to make sales for the holidays. I had thought that maybe I would just spend a couple of days cutting out several garment projects, but have decided to draw that out a bit to see how the weight loss goes. I know I can always take things up as I loose, but would really like to be able to cut our smaller sizes on some of these.

I have made a spread sheet with all my patterns on it listing what brand, pattern number, size, and brief description of garment. Now I can just read over that instead of looking at each pattern, since I now have a little over 125 of them. Oh my, that is a lot! Majority of them are clothing patterns with a fair amount of various size doll clothes, totes, aprons and such. I have decided to use up scraps on doll clothes. I noticed when sorting through the patterns, I only have a few that are the reprints of vintage patterns, will need to get a few more when I catch them on sale again. At any rate, the patterns are all in nice neat order, filed in order, in the plastic drawers I have sitting in one corner of the room. These drawers are also my designated space for projects being worked on, or worked on soon.

I will post photos of the two patterns I get cut out and the fabric as soon as I can. Will most definitely post the photos of the finished work too.

Well, I am suddenly having a hard time keeping my eyes open, that means it is time for a shower and shampoo. Neighbors were at it all night last night, finally party broke up at around 5 in the morning. Now I hear them starting up again. I just don't understand why they have to get so crazy and loud just when everyone else is wanting to go to sleep. Which is where I am heading off to. Night all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! You have a busy week! I love how you've planned it all out.

    Welcome to the Hepburn Hepburn Project - I'm delighted you've joined!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete